As Atlanta’s leading tree service company, Excel Tree Care is dedicated to not only preserving the beauty of the city’s urban canopy but also ensuring the safety of its residents. Trees provide numerous benefits, but they can also pose hazards if not properly maintained. Keep reading as we discuss the top tree hazards in Atlanta and share expert insights on how to mitigate them, ensuring the safety and health of your property and loved ones.
Weak and Overhanging Branches
One of the most common tree hazards in Atlanta is weak or overhanging branches. These branches can fall during storms, strong winds, or even under their weight, causing property damage, injuries, or even fatalities.
- Regular pruning by a professional tree service company like Excel Tree Care can remove weak or overhanging branches, reducing the risk of accidents.
- Inspection and maintenance should be done seasonally, with extra attention given before stormy seasons.
Diseased or Infested Trees
Disease and infestation can weaken trees, making them susceptible to falling. In Atlanta, common issues include diseases like oak wilt and infestations such as the emerald ash borer.
- Regular tree inspections by certified arborists can help identify diseases or infestations early.
- Appropriate treatments can be administered to save affected trees, or if necessary, removal can prevent the spread to nearby healthy trees.
Root Damage and Soil Compaction
Construction, landscaping, or even heavy foot traffic can lead to root damage and soil compaction around trees. Compromised roots reduce a tree’s stability and access to essential nutrients.
- Implement a protective barrier around trees during construction or landscaping projects.
- Utilize proper soil management techniques like aeration and mulching to alleviate soil compaction and support root health.
Leaning or Unstable Trees
Trees that lean excessively or have an unstable base pose a significant risk, especially during storms or high winds. These trees may uproot or fall over, causing severe damage.
- Professional evaluation by arborists to assess the tree’s stability and recommend corrective measures.
- If a tree is deemed unsafe, removal or cabling/bracing may be necessary to stabilize it.
Overgrown Trees and Canopies
Overgrown trees with dense canopies can become imbalanced and vulnerable to wind damage. These trees may shed large limbs or topple over.
- Routine pruning by experts can help maintain a balanced canopy and reduce wind resistance.
- Proper pruning practices should focus on removing dead or weak branches while preserving the tree’s overall health.
Expert Tree Trimming & Tree Removal Services in Atlanta
Atlanta’s urban forest is a valuable asset to the city’s beauty and well-being. However, to enjoy the benefits of trees, it is crucial to address and mitigate the potential hazards they may pose. Excel Tree Care is dedicated to helping Atlanta residents maintain healthy, safe, and beautiful trees. To learn more about our tree removal services or to get a free quote, call our team at (404) 964-6508 or drop us a line from our online contact form.